I know, I really should restrain myself from making a chocolate dish, especially with Easter just around the corner, but it’s been chilly cold the past few nights. Plus who wouldn’t want a warm, chocolate pudding while snuggled up on the couch. Yes, that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it. I’m making little mention of that fact that tomorrow I plan to do a major re-shuffle of my novel, which a month ago I thought was ready to sail into the submission world. Another reason, I need the pudding.
This has to be the world’s easiest and quickest pudding made from scratch, and it took me hardly any time. I challenge you to give it a try. You’ll be drooling as much as me. I have to give huge thanks to my friend Cassandra Heneghan for sharing her recipe with me. She always has the most tempting delights.
– ¼ cup brown sugar
– 2/3 cup self-raising flour
– 1 ½ tablespoons cocoa powder
– 1/3 cup milk
– 1 egg
– 40 grams butter, melted
– ½ cup brown sugar
– 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
– 200ml boiling water
1. In a bowl, fold together the base ingredients.
2. Top with mixed brown sugar and cocoa.
3. Pour boiling water over the top of the mixture and cook at 160 degrees C for approximately 30-35min.
And much to my protest, not, hubby topped it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
What are your favorite things to snuggle up to when the temperature drops?