This question has plagued me for the last few months, with doubts engulfing all thoughts, including:
- I don’t have anything to write
- Who will be interested in what I have to say
- I’m too shy
So I wrote a plan for my blog to see if I had anything to talk about, and what surprised me was how enthusiastic I became each time I fleshed it out. My tipping point to get started was the freedom to express my opinion on my topics of interest. Of course this is so obvious, I know. But when I’m knee-deep in the uncertainty fog, I can’t see anything clearly.
Now, I’m addicted to blogging. I’ll share with you why I decided to blog:
- I love writing fiction, and delving into fantasy worlds
- To gain publicity through social networking. That means using my marketing background to promote myself, and share my experiences with others
- Express my opinion on writing, and using blogging as a place to think and reflect
- Share ideas and knowledge, and learn from others
- Connect with like-minded people and make friends
- Share my ups and downs as I strive toward being published
- Talk about my passion for baking, and how I use it to relax when writing
- Blogging is compulsive – this one I added after I started blogging, because it is true
So, why do you blog? And if you don’t, I’m curious to know why?