Here goes nothing…
Just like the old saying ‘kid in a candy store’ goes, I can honestly, hand on heart say that I behave like that kid around books. And I’m not talking about buying books, because that’s a completely different habit. My weakness is being unable to stop myself from starting a new book when I have several others unfinished. Please tell me I’m not the only one doing this. Plus, I need an excuse to use with hubby each time I buy more books.
To put things in perpsective, I am currently reading… (just counting them in my head)… 9 books, and for each one I’m about half way through.
A lot of this has nothing to do with the middle being boring or I would have stopped reading and stashed the book in the back layer of books on my shelves. It has a lot to do with my writing. I want to research the following:
– What makes this book good enough to be published
– How does the novel start
– What it is that grabs my attention with the starting chapters
– What’s the hook used
– What works, what doesn’t
– The writing style, including POV
In addition to read the billion blogs and books on writing, sometimes the best advice is from the stories themselves.
And I know I can’t stopmyself. I don’t want to . Next time I see another captivating book, I know I’ll pick it up and start reading.
What about you? Do you read several books at once?
Anyone can play along in Guilty Pleasures!
– Leave a comment in the blog with a link to your Wednesday Guilty Pleasures blog
– And / Or simply leave your Guilty Pleasure in the comment section and I’ll repay the favor