Everyone has an escape vice, and when I’m not writing, you can probably find me baking something sweet and yummy. I thought I’d share a no-bake cheesecake cupcake recipe:)
- 250g Arnott’s Butternut Snap Cookies (or any sweet cookies you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 ½ tablespoons caster (superfine) sugar
- 250g cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaped teaspoon gelatin melted in ¼ cup boiled water
- ¾ cup cream, lightly whipped
1. Crush the cookies until they resemble fine crumbs in a food processor or blender. Mix in the melted butter until well combined.
2. Spoon half a tablespoon into a cupcake patty and press mixture down. The quantity used for the base of the cheesecakes can be varied depending on how thick you like it. Place the patties with bases into the fridge while you make the cheesecake mixture.
Tip: Place the patties with the prepared bases into baking trays – this ensures they hold their shape when you add the cheesecake mixture.
3. In another bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the melted gelatin and combine into the mixture.
4. Fold the lightly whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture.
5. Spoon the cheesecake mixture into the prepared cupcake patties, then refrigerate for at least a few hours before serving if you can’t wait. Otherwise best left overnight.
6. Decorate your cupcakes or experiment with different fillings. I added half a teaspoon of caramel condensed milk into the centre of the cheesecake cupcake before refrigerating for a surprise filling. Or sandwich cheesecake between two cookies.
Find me here today:
I tell Kurt Chambers what I do outside writing
Musings of Mistress of the Dark Path does a spotlight on Cloaked in Fur
I share an exclusive excerpt with Darkside Down Under
What is your escape vice?